About Me

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Interview Update

I've been meaning edit to the video I did after I had my interview last Friday and I've been doing what I do best when it comes to getting things done. PROCRASTINATE.

It's Wednesday and I havn't heard back from the interview panel which leads me to beleive I didn't land the job.  I'm not to worried about it.  The position was part time at the school district. It required that I become responsible for all the paperwork and transitioning of expelled students coming in/out of the district. A job like that will defintely keep my hands full all day without a doubt as oppossed to what I currently do.

Landing the job would have been nice but I'm not too overly concerned about it because I have a job as it is anyway, I'm just not happy with it anymore.  I think I'd be more concerned had I been unemployed.

I'm trying to make the best of what I do here.  There are times when I'm content not doing anything. Other days I'm utterly disgusted at the fact that I come here and do absolutely nothing. 

For a long time I didn't want to leave this place because I made bank for doing nothing. I know I will not find another job that will pay me what I make right now, specially for doing nothing.  I don't care about the money anymore.  I wanted to find a job that would satisfy me in more ways than one even if it meant I had to take a pay cut.  It feels a lot better making less money and doing something you love making bank and doing something you dont enjoy. Trust me, it can be depressing.

At the end of the day I can't say I'm upset.  I'm quite happy I was given the opportunity to meet and get an interview.  I hadn't been on an interview since I got this job almost 4 years ago, and I'd like to think I did pretty good. 

I'm quite the contradiction.  Soon after I left my interview I summed up the possibilities of me getting the job and was almost hoping I didn't get a call with a job offer. A lightbulb suddenly flicked on and I remembered that we get our yearly bonus in March. I already know what I'm gonna do with it.  I figured, I have plenty of time to find a part time job because in I wanted to go to school more often. Well the spring semester is already in session, which means I have until the Fall semester to find something part time so I can go to school in the mornings.

This will give me plenty of time to do some more research and possibly get more interviews. My mom is also up for surgery and I figured maybe a part time job wasn't such a good idea for the moment, considering she'll be disabled. She will have disability benefits but I rather have a more financially secure job until she gets better. In the end, I've already waited four years, what's a few more months right?

Then I remembered I'm going on a trip in March, so it's not in my best interest to take a pay cut right this instant.  Plus, I'm pretty sure a new employer will not be happy to know their new hire is going on a vacation just weeks into the job, I mean who does that?

Bottom line is I'm thankful for the interview I received and I've decided if I do get a call with a job offer, I will be forced to turn down the position because at the moment it's not in my best interest.  Something changed in me after that interview though, I feel as if it's empowered me and it feels great.

1 comment:

LovelyKorita said...

hay girl I'm all for doing what makes you happy but like you told me yesterday, keep it stable. if you get a part time and leave your good paying, stable job now, you will have a lot more to worry about then than u do now. I would rather keep the stable job with bonuses and work around it to go to school.