About Me

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Jay Mongano 6 Shelf Closet Organizer - Review

I was excited to come across this wonderful closet organizer at Target for only $15.99. My closet was becoming out of control and I needed an item that would give my closet to more space and a little more organization. I figured this closet organizer was exactly what I needed. 

The first thing that caught my attention was the design. The pattern was really nice, cute, and anything but plain. The visual on the cover drew me in and I was able to visualize this item in my closet and figured it would work. I made my way to the register and on my way home to get some organizing done.

Quickly I put it together and hung it on my closet rack. It looked amazing!!

Until I began putting items inside. 
I was quickly disappointed when everything slouched over. I tried coming up with ways in which I could enforce the support on the bottom shelfs but nothing seemed reasonable enough to allow for more support.  Anything I added on these shelfs was too heavy and quickly began bending and slouching the shelfs. This item is a waste of money and is almost impossible to use without having anything slouch inside the shelves. The advertisement on this item is completely false and photoshopped. These shelves can't hold a t-shirt without slouching or bending under the weight. These shelfs are not strait and firm as is depicted on the item cover-under any weight (unless its a ziplock full of feathers). 

After inspecting the shelfs properly I noticed they all had cardboard inserts. As we all know, cardboard bends and doesn't support much weight--hence major fail.  I quickly gathered my things and returned this item and purchased a cube organizer instead and my closet looks so nicely organized and it's so much better than this Shelf Closet Organizer.



4 comments:

Thicker Than Your Average Girl said...

Omg Mayra !!!!! Your closet looks a hell lot better than mine everything so squeezed together i cant believe i have manged to fit everything in. I am organized in most aspects in my life but keeping up with my clothes is just a task that hasn't been very successful if i had the money i would call closet world lol but i don't great IDEA'S i think after the holidays I will figure something out with my closet and over flow of clothes that i just cant part with in the back of my head i always say dont want to get rid of it because who knows i might wear it one day great post cant wait to see the video

ThicknGorgeouz Mayra said...

@Crystal! Girl thank you but you should see the other side of the closet! lol it still has a bit of work to be dealt with lol overall I am very happy with the way it's coming about :) And you can even use an old bookcase from a yard sale. I tried that but nobody in my area was selling bookcases. Bookcases are a great way to keep your shoes organized too! :)

LovelyKorita said...

LOL goood looking out! I was gonna buy that same thing at target the last time I went but I said next time lol. Your closet does look A LOT better than mine tho lol

free standing closet said...

Your closet looks better than mine! love your idea!